Shayli’s first day of Kindergarten was fun, we started out the day with her wrapping a comb up into her hair, next to her scalp, but with the team work of Mom and Dad we got it out WITHOUT cutting her hair. We got dressed and were off for our first day of school.
One of Shayli’s biggest fears is that no one will pick her up, so we worked out a plan with the Albert’s that Justin would drop off in the morning, (Shayli and their 3 kids) and Heather would pick up and drop Shayli off at Dallin’s. So when we got to school on the first day, Heather, the mom was there raising a stink about how some kids where riding the bus and did not live with in that area to ride the bus and that, and I quote; “I’ll pick the kids up today but I’m not going to anymore, they are going to ride the bus.” I’m like “WHAT THE HELL! Is my child going to have a ride home from school?” I get so tired of the Albert’s they must raise the biggest stink about nothing, this, with the bus really was no big deal, but they felt like sense they can ride (we live further than they do and we were like OK so we’ll work something out) that they were going to make sure that EVERY ONE that was riding that is not suppose to, got kicked off the bus too. So now there are about 15 or so kids that have been kicked off the bus, I don’t get it, use your energy for something good, what is wrong with just saying; “OK we understand that we are not eligible, we’ll work something else out.” But then these people are like this, I don’t get Justin he lives by what Paul says, but what Paul says and does BUGS THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!!
OK moving on, so when I picked Shayli up, I asked her what she learned:
Shayli; “About being a good friend and not budging.”
Mom; “Budging? What’s budging?”
Shayli; “You know mom; you don’t get in front of someone when they are in line.”
Mom; “Oh you mean BUDDING.”
Shayli; “No Mom, ‘Budging’, we don’t Budge.”
Mom; “No it’s pronounced ‘budding’.”
Shayli; “Mom it’s called budging.”
Mom: “OK, really……….”
I just left it at that, no way I’m going to argue with a 5 year old that someday is going to be smarter then I. Love that girl.
So last night I took her to get her hair cut shorter, this makes me sad, because I have loved her long blond hair. She told me she wanted to grow it out like Rapunzel's, but after Dad’s brain washing, due to him having to comb it every day, she has decided that she wanted it cut shorter, with a little help from Dad always talking about it. So I figured after the twisted comb in the hair thing, and I would NEVER want Justin to have to face that because he WOULD cut it out without trying everything first, I took by little girl to get her hair cut shorter. We did a shoulder length “Bob”, it’s really cut and she loves it. When we got home last night I told her to go look in her mirror and to tell me what she thought, her comment; “Mom I look just like Rapunzel when she got her hair cut off!” I was like, “Yes you do, and yes you do.” How she is growing up, and the song is true, “don’t blink”.
1 month ago




No comments:
Post a Comment